Time to get up close and personal with your favorite Top Chef contestants!
On Wednesday, Celebrity Cruises announced that Spike Mendelsohn, Angelo Sosa, Nina Compton, Shirley Chung and nine other former Top Chef contestants — including three series winners — will show off their cooking chops and culinary style as part of Celebrity Cruises’ “Top Chef at Sea” program.
As previously announced, the chef’testants will set sail on four exclusive Celebrity Cruises vacations in July, August, September and November, and demonstrate to fans how and why they made their way onto Bravo’s Emmy-winning reality series. Current activities include complimentary cooking demonstrations, interactive Quickfire challenges and private cooking classes.
For vacationers who can’t make the four signature sailings, Quickfire Challenges and Top Chef-inspired menu evenings will be available onboard all Celebrity Cruises ships (with the exception of Celebrity Xpedition) for all sailings departing July 2014 – June 2015.
- Spike Mendelsohn: Top Chef Chicago, Top Chef All-Stars contestant; Co-owner and Chef at Béarnaise, We, The Pizza and Good Stuff Eatery in Washington, D.C.
- Ash Fulk: Top Chef Las Vegas contestant; Chef de Cuisine at Hill Country Barbecue Market in Brooklyn.
- Angelo Sosa: Top Chef D.C., Top Chef All-Stars contestant; Chef and Owner of Añejo in NYC and Poppy Den in Las Vegas
- Paul Qui: Top Chef Texas winner; Chef/Owner of Qui and East Side King in Austin
- Tiffani Faison: Top Chef Season 1 runner-up and Top Chef All-Starscontestant; Chef/Owner of Sweet Cheeks Q in Boston
- Brooke Williamson: Top Chef Seattle runner-up; Co-Executive Chef and Co-Owner of Hudson House, The Tripel and Playa Provisions in California
- Nina Compton: Top Chef New Orleans runner-up and Fan Favorite winner; Chef de Cuisine for Scarpetta Miami at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel
On September 19, vacationers can set their sights on the most romantic cities in Europe on the ‘France & Iberian Discovery Cruise.’ Guests can wine and dine in modern luxury style for 12 nights onboard Celebrity Infinity with chefs including:
- Chris Crary: Top Chef Texas contestant and Fan Favorite winner
- Kristen Kish: Top Chef Seattle winner
- Hosea Rosenberg: Top Chef Season 5 winner; Owner of Blackbelly Market (opening summer ’14), Blackbelly Catering & Events and Blackbelly Farm
- Casey Thompson: Top Chef Season 3 and Top Chef All-Stars contestant; Chef of Aveline and The European in San Francisco
- Tiffany Derry: Top Chef D.C. and Top Chef All-Stars contestant; Owner of TD Concepts
- Shirley Chung: Top Chef New Orleans contestant; Chef/Owner of Chung Lee Consulting